Tuesday, March 29, 2011

You have to start somewhere

I was born human. I then became a Christian. I eventually rebelled (as do most teens). I became a pagan, a magician, a Buddhist, a Hindu, an atheist, a....whatever. The one thing life taught me to lose was me; my instincts, my feelings, my ability to experience the moment fully. I became angry, I became sad, I lost all hope and I lost all feeling. I became a robotic number in service of society. I'm gradually waking up and I'm liking it. I am feeling again, experiencing again, noticing that I am alive again. I am beginning to notice other humans again. I am noticing that they are VERY hard on themselves...trying to be super-beings, non-human, alien, cyborg beings who feel no pain. I am wanting to look into their very human eyes and shake them loose from the confines of being a slave to perfection. I am wishing for them to find their very imperfections and savor them. When you die (and this depends on your religious or spiritual bias) you will either:

1. Just cease
2. Go to heaven
3. Go to hell
4. Merge with eternal bliss

All of the above sounds boring to me. Why not rather savor the exquisite contrasts offered by life? Why not just breathe and deeply feel both the animal nature of your body and the deep desires of your consciousness? If I have to put this in the simplest terms I would say: Take a deep breath, open your eyes and notice that you are alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment